Banker’s Academy Launches BSA/AML Training Curriculum to Meet the Requirements of New Mortgage Industry Regulations
FORT WASHINGTON, PA – Banker’s Academy, the leading global provider of training solutions to the financial services industry, announced today its launch of a new Compliance program for non-bank residential mortgage lenders and originators (RMLOs).
The training is designed to help RMLOs comply with new rules issued by the US Treasury Department’s Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN), requiring RMLOs to establish anti-money laundering (AML) programs and file suspicious activity reports (SARs).
“With our comprehensive footprint and rich heritage as a leader in serving the financial services industry, we’re uniquely qualified to design and deliver tailored programs to meet these requirements,” said Dr. Rick Burghli, CEO of Banker’s Academy. “These are important new rules for RMLOs, and we’re ready and eager to help our clients meet the requirements in a timely manner.”
What the new rules require.
By August 13, 2012, all RMLOs must:
1) Establish AML programs that include:
- Development of internal policies, procedures, and controls.
- Designation of a compliance officer.
- Ongoing employee training.
- Audits to test implemented programs.
2) File SARs pursuant to the Bank Secrecy Act:
- Reports must be electronically filed via FinCEN’s new e-filing system.
Mortgage lending compliance with Banker’s Academy training.
Banker’s Academy’s comprehensive BSA/AML training curriculum is tailored to help RMLOs meet the new FinCEN requirements. The program offers:
- The most complete, accurate, and up-to-date content.
- Flexible, innovative e-learning that engages and motivates employees.
- Industry-leading Learning Management System (LMS).
- Trackable training that reduces risk for the lender.
- Consistent message across the corporate footprint.
A wide range of compliance programs.
Banker’s Academy also offers Compliance training on other relevant topics for mortgage lenders, including Fair Lending, Flood, HMDA, RESPA, Truth-in-Lending, Appraisal Regulations, Unfair & Deceptive Practices, and more.
Contact us today at www.bankersacademy.com to find out more.
About Banker’s Academy
With 25+ years of experience and over 2,500 clients, Banker’s Academy is the leading global provider of training solutions to the financial services industry, with a focus on banks, credit unions, and money service businesses. We’re a partner you can count on to help you achieve your business goals. For more information, call 888-433-2666 or go to www.bankersacademy.com